Monday, February 12, 2007

The Checkout Line

Yesterday at Costco I overheard a woman complaining that she was going to get in a particular line, but then "that guy jumped in front of me". I wasn't the guy, but I offered her my space in a different line (knight's code). She couldn't believe me and was a little embarrassed that I had overheard her. I told her it was no big deal to me, and that since she only had a few items, she could go ahead of me. She fussed a little, then quipped, "you must have a terrible home life." I told her I had an excellent homelife, but I was a little taken back by her cynical response.

So I killed her. (What's a Natalist Paterfamilias to do?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

CatholicPhoenix.com

I'm posting every couple of weeks at a great new, local Catholic blog called Catholic Phoenix. Here's a link to my latest post .