Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Heigh ho, Snappy!

I feel like I have to reacquaint myself with my readers (both of them) because I haven't written in such a long time. There really is no excuse for not writing, especially since I'm supposed to be a writer/wordsmith (at least that's what is says on my business cards). The truth is, I'm a lot like this guy, and well, that's just sad. Nevertheless, the secret to success is getting up one more time than you fall off, so here I am, back on the turtle again.

My hero says if a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing badly. Ultimately, I think this blog is worth doing: my life is pretty interesting, my kids are pretty funny, my wife is pretty, and I'm a pretty good writer, so I might as well keep going. I just want everyone to have real low expectations. I'm too tired to wring the life lessons out of the unwashed loads of laundy laying around our house--I have a hard enough time putting on pants before I go to work in the morning.

3 comments:

  1. Consider my expectations as low as necessary to get you to write regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I come back to read from up south here in Cape Town so if low expectations will help remember that I live near Robert Mugabe. Write on friend, write on. Am enjoying the leadership book

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHO told you that you have to post every day? Whether you write every two days or every two years, The Natalist Diaries will always be one of my permanent bookmarks...

    ReplyDelete

CatholicPhoenix.com

I'm posting every couple of weeks at a great new, local Catholic blog called Catholic Phoenix. Here's a link to my latest post .