Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Born to be Mild

For the record, I can't drink to save my life. I like beer and wine, but they don't like me. I consider this a pretty major flaw in my otherwise Chestertonian constitution, but we all have our crosses to bear...

One of my favorite poem-ettes is from Hillaire Belloc:

Wherever the Catholic sun doth shine,
There's always laughter and good red wine.
At least I've always thought it so,
Benedicamus Domino.

So my apology for not being able to drink ad hiliaritatum (Aquinas):

I'm much more of a thinker
than I am a drinker.
But I am an advocate
of getting one's dry whistle wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CatholicPhoenix.com

I'm posting every couple of weeks at a great new, local Catholic blog called Catholic Phoenix. Here's a link to my latest post .